We are used to taking pills when we have the slightest pain. But there are also other ways to get rid of unpleasant feelings.
- Listen to music – the nervous system which is responsible for pain reacts to music. Once we listen to good music at least 10-15 minutes, pain will remit. We will simply distract our nerve fibers, and the painful signal won't manage to reach the spinal cord.
- While playing, we are less afraid of pain. Scientists noticed that during game the endorphins are energized – happiness molecules which haves good analgesic effect.
- During sex Oxytocin and endorphins already known to us acts as pain reliever. Also the hormone hydrocortisone is produced: it reduces inflammation which causes pain. According to Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) it was taped that the brain reacts to pain the same way as the body.
- Communication with animals at least 10-15 minutes also relieves pain. Dogs force us to move more which activates the body’s protection mechanisms and also prevents the body from reacting to pain.
- Self-hypnosis – sometimes we want to be ill. Try to adjust your thoughts to positive emotions, and you will immediately feel better.
- Breathing exercises – take a deep breath in, and then exhale. Repeat these respiratory exercises 8-10 times.